Preface to Poland Living

I told some of you that I would post a blog of all the cool stuff that I am going to be doing in Poland. The primary reason I came to Poland is because my wife (Mary) is studying to become a Medical Doctor. After much excitement, confusion, thrill and frustration we have finally settled in an apartment on the east side of the Wisla (Warsaw's main river dividing it down the middle). I am going to post my many adventures so that all of you may stay in touch during the next four years. It is going to be epic!

Peter J

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Polish War Museum

We went to the war museum expecting to be amazed. After all, look at the rich and vast history Poland has in being at war. We walk in and buy our tickets only to find out that we had entered the art gallery! Damn it! We were very tired anyways so we decided to go home. The next day we figured out the the war museum was in the same building, just around the corner. So we enter the war museum, the courtyard packed full of large military equipment. Things like jets, artillery guns, tanks, navel guns, surface to air missiles from the cold war, and the list goes on. When we enter into the museum they had laid it out in a very logical manner. We start in the dark ages. This takes we three hours to get through 300 feet of space because there is so much cool stuff. Things like chain-mail, scale-mail, swords, claymores, halberds, hordes of Armour, kings Armour, and tons of it. We unfortunately didn't see any mythical beasts from the time. I did a whole bunch of black-smithing and the like for the better half of my life. I was ecstatic!

 A fine selection of halberds.

 A vast array of armour suits.
An immaculately constructed piece of Scale-mail.

An epic depiction of a battle scene (battle of Grunewald).

Note that this awesome cavalry is in the picture above.

An epic multi-chamber gun with a sweet dragon on top!

1 comment: